Saturday, December 10, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year!

I have been so excited about decorating this year.  My daughter is living back at home with us and for once I have nothing to get in the way (no illness or renovations!!)

I am still part way through but I couldn't wait to show you.....




I nearly threw a wobbler when we finally got our tree in the house. It looked so much smaller than when we picked it up!  We decided to put it on some of my wooden crates as it was such  a nice shape. 


I let the girls get on with decorating it with our mostly red and white decorations. 

Some lovely new ones from talented friends.  The gorgeous candy cane mice from  Kirsty  and  beautifully embroidered lavender hearts from Ali.



I focused on making a feature of our fireplace with twigs and greenery from the garden



with some decorations added.  Dried oranges from Jo's husband and cinnamon robins from that clever Kirsty.


I also added some lavender angels and my own tweedy robins that I made about 4 years ago and dig out year after year.


I have cleared away a lot of the ornaments from the kitchen dresser and have added pots of bulbs and little dishes of crab apples




I love my 'new' vintage robin jug!

Glass jars and bell jars house my collection of vintage glass baubles








There are my old light up baubles in my big bell jar





I have a lovely twiggy tree with more vintage baubles and vintage christmas trees pop up all over the house!







There are lots of old friends who get tucked away year after year and I am always so glad to see them



and new bits like this lovely bunting from Caroline Zoob that I have put up in my fabric room




and these little Santas in vehicles




The fireplace in my room is blocked up so I filled it with pine cones from my Mum's garden


and my table centre, very much inspired by Jeanne D'arc Living, is just waiting for the candles and for me to hang some chandelier droplets on the candle stick.




I love decorating for Christmas and I still have much to do but I hope you enjoyed seeing what I have been up to so far. 

I am sitting here now, fire on, glass of Cava and the St Eval candles are burning. I just wish you could smell them, they are divine!

Pin It

12 comments:

Grumpy Old Woman said...

I just loved reading this post - it all looks amazing! Can't wait until I can come round and see it all 'in the flesh'......
§{:O})=

GardenOfDaisies said...

I just LOVE all your Christmas decor. The orange slices, pinecones, and flowering bulbs, the vintage balls, cinnamon birds and little mice. Delightful!!

Jelly Jam said...

Donna, it all looks gorgeous. I am ashamed to say I haven't even thought about decorating yet and probably wont get a tree until after my youngest's birthday party next weekend!
I love those two little pixies. Whenever I visit my dad's at Christmas I always have to check he's put my favourite childhood bauble on the tree.
Ellie
x

KC'sCourt! said...

Beautiful christmas ornaments and trees
Julie xxxxxxxxx

ted and bunny said...

relieved to know I wasn't the only one on the bubbly last night "just because" :)

Was it really a year ago that you were feeling poorly- crumbs, where did that go?

Had a day Christmas shopping in Southampton on Friday and didn't feel Christmassy at all, but looking at your decorations has made me feel pleasantly tingly and ready to go!
We usually have to cut 2 foot off our tee cos I always misjudge it and buy one too big

xx

Unknown said...

Hi Donna, It all looks so lovely, love your little robin jug and the pixies. xx

Unknown said...

Did you get the other bolt? How exciting if you did!!! love Annie x

Unknown said...

I am over the moon with my win! Your messages are 'no reply' so I cannot email you back. I am now following your lovely blog! love Annie x

do you mind if i knit said...

Christmas must be WONDERFUL in your house Donna, the Christmas spirit has arrived! I'm feeling it this year too, after a few years of feeling a bit lethargic about Christmas. Father Christmas in the cars are just wonderful! Vanessa xxx

Gena said...

Oh it all looks beautiful! my St Eval candles arrived last week and I am addicted! Heavenly! I have those little vintage trees that you have either side of the green jug and I love them,I keep saying I need to have a clear out because I have so much,but now that I have seen your collection I dont feel the need to!Lol! infact I may buy some more!

Teena Vallerine said...

Hello gorgeous! Well if any imagery ever got close to smelling of christmas you're there! I can ALMOST smell those candles. It all looks lovely and like you, the tree is never big enough. In our new little cottage our tree is only a tinky 3 footer so the baubles are in glass dishes everywhere! You can never have too many baubles :)) Have a lovely Christmas sweetie and all the very best for 2012 xxx

Lynette said...

Beautiful, simply divine. I love the bell jars and baubles and the light up baubles especially. Happy Christmas to you all x