Saturday, November 18, 2006

Turning Japanese

Morning all. I was woken up early this morning by one boy with a toothache and a small girl who just wanted to be up and about. So, stumbling into the kitchen to sort little people out I decide to tackle the huge amount of ironing that is making its way across the kitchen floor. I put on the kettle, whilst waiting for it to boil I switch on the computer. Major mistake, whoops! Oh to hell with it, who needs uncrumpled clothes anyway? I shall just pretend that they are a Yohji Yamamoto creation! I am currently into all things Japanese. For example take these beautiful little wooden dolls that I found in a charity shop yesterday. They are called Kokeshi but I know little more than that. I just loved their little faces. There were about 6 more but I left those for someone else to buy. The brightly coloured one on the end I already had, I bought it at another charity shop months ago, and she has sat by my computer ever since. Her sisters are much older but I think they look just wonderful as a set.




Whilst on the Japanese theme, I got these beautiful little Japanese lunch bags from Tasha. We were involved in a swap where I sent her some vintage fabrics and she made me a bag from one of the pieces. I was totally surprised when I got three of her gorgeous little bags! They are so well made. Just how lucky am I?


Pin It

7 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh Look, you're turning Japanesa turning japanesa I really think so...

Roxy Simmons said...

you're so good - i can't stand to iron and so i don't, unless i really, really have to.

i'm a crap mum.

Kristy said...

Oh please go back and get the other 6 for me!We love Kokeshi dolls in our house!

Pod said...

and you are a lucky lady, no........?

i bought two of these in tokyo recently as i could nay resist them! did you see my tokyo shots? they are in the archives now

Pod said...

in october btw

The fabric of my life said...

Oooooh Pod, I'm commenting on you whilst you are commenting on me. It's like we're having a real life conversation :-)

They are fab aren't they? I shall look at your Tokyo post now. I am off to get the other 6 for Kristy, they have them on hold for me.

Pea said...

Donna! I am crazy about Japanese stuff too! Can't believe you found these in a charity shop- not fair! I have got one Kokeshi doll from The Japanese Shop and it was about £20! Look after them well x