Friday, December 09, 2005

Top 10

Just thought I might share with you my personal top 10 music albums of 2005. in no particular order:

1. Gorillaz - Demon Dayz
2. Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
3. Oasis - Don't believe the Truth
4. Babyshambles - Down in Albion
5. Kasabian - Kasabian
6. Paul Weller - As is now
7. Anthony and the Johnsons - I am a bird now
8. Coldplay - X & Y
9. Help - A day in the life
10. Madonna - Confessions on a dance floor



Anything I have missed/should have listened to? I still have to hear the new ones by Kate Bush and David Sylvian and would like to know your faves. Pin It

5 comments:

Alicat said...

Bah. I only recognize 4 of those bands. :(

Léons Life said...

David Sylvain - Oh my God, I was so in love with him when I was 13/14 and had his picture stuck all over my little school books.
I loved his blond, pale enigmatic, gay look, and whiny voice... that really takes be back.

That's so depressing David Sylvain and knowing that it's 25 years since John Lennon died ! This must mean that I am very nearly forty

euro-trac said...

Yes I must check out the Kaiser Chiefs album.. They've really grown on me in recent months! (might give to Nick at Xmas)
**********
Gorillaz - loved the singles, but thought the album had it's ups and downs!
**********
I think I would put BlocParty in my 2005 list, but then again it mught have been 2004!? It was along time ago...
**********
David Sylvian eh? Funny, I mentioned him the other day in tats comments. TBH I didn't know he was still making music!
**********
I like your taste in music. You have a wide range! I like the way you can have Babyshambles and Coldplay in the same list.. :-)

cool..

Roxy Simmons said...

the david sylvian album is incredible (hang on a sec... i'm a little biased haha).

it's charting the second half of his break up to ingrid chavez. the first album, 'blemish' was at his most bitter, then this album under the title 'nine horses' is him coming out the other side. doesn't sound like he's had an easy time of it. but you know david, he wears his heart on his sleeve.

great album. i'll bring it over with me so you can have a listen ;)

hippo_pepperpot said...

ha ha ha... I read it in the same voice too... love it.