Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Letter to Madonna

Dear Madonna

I am just writing to say Thank You. Thank You for giving me a reason to live. Thank you for showing me that I am not just a 40 something year old mother but can still be a sexy woman with a life apart from my children. Just as I was giving up all hope and after a tearful phone call to my mum to say that I think I have made a major mistake, motherhood isn't actually for me after all, you come along and show me that there is more to life.

So, I tucked my skinny jeans into my boots, despite the disapproving looks from the teenaged daughter, and put on your cd. Oh girlfriend, you haven't lost it. Such wonderful disco-inspired beats reach my ears and I am instantly transported to Studio 52. As I whirl and glide across the kitchen floor, like a late contender for Celebrity Come dancing, I become a star. OK I grant you that my only audience is a 7 month old baby, but she is mesmerised. The look on her face is one of awe and wonder as she thinks 'Wow, Mum, how are you doing THAT?' I don't even notice that I am peeling potatoes as I make shapes on my own domestic dance floor. You have always been my bench mark, 'Well if Madonna can do it .........' and once again you have shown me the way.

Thank you Madonna, from the bottom of my invigorated heart. Tomorrow I may even flick up my hair a la Farrah Fawcett.

Love From

Donna X Pin It

5 comments:

leon's life said...

Don't you think she (Madonna) has done something strange to her face ?

Tanya said...

Oh Girlfriend you rock more than Madonna, moi I'm doing the Kathy Bates look right now :-)

Onyx said...

Thanks Don for your kind words. it was just what I needed. BTW, those boots look fabulous!!! Very chic!! ;-)

I must admit that Madonna is my reason for not giving up the weight after 30 too. She always looks fantastic!

Ziz said...

Bah! I need to get a copy of that cd soon! :)

Tanya said...

You know ropey but cheerful :-)
It's a mixed school and it's not really run by nuns, it's a shabby chic school though, attached to the cathedral it's so old and stunning inside, tiles, old wooden doors etc, has a very good reputation. I can't believe how much easier it is to get the school you want in perpignan than London...