Friday, November 04, 2005

In a stew


I'm fed up. I don't usually blog when I'm fed up because I don't feel inspired but I just can't shake off this mood today. My credit card bill came today and Fuck me it's huge! It's out of control and I am starting to get scared now. We are living on a pittance while Paul tries to set up his business but living in this monstrous great house is just eating up every penny we have and some. We sold our last house because we could no longer afford to live there and I am afraid we will have to do the same again. Trouble is last time the house sold before it even got on the market and for the asking price but the market has changed and I don't think it is a great time to be selling a house. Two of our friends tried selling last summer and have taken their houses off the estate agent's books as nothing was happening. I hate feeling like this and having to worry about money. Every time I think about Christmas I get a little bubble of panic rising in the pit of my stomach. I am feeling guilty about the money I have spent recently but I just don't know how not to spend money. I grew up poor and I don't know how to do it any more, I don't want to do it. I have double listed on ebay this week and have lined up some more goodies to sell so hopefully I should make some dosh. I sometimes wish I could go out to work, but then again I hate the thought of not being able to do what I want to to when I want to do it.

Anyhoo it's the weekend and I have just made a lovely beef stew with dumplings which I am going to consume with a glass of wine. I shall think of a way out of this financial mess, cheers :-) Pin It

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hey Babe, that stew looks sooooo delicious, wish I could be there. can we book a visit for the easter half term? I know it's far off but it will give you all time to brace yourselves. About the money, don't worry, you won't have to move again. Just get through Xmas, enjoy it and worry later.
You won't enjoy yourself otherwise. Failing that move to France! The shops are shit and you really do spend less, that's coming from the Queen of spending, well after you that is hahahah....

Onyx said...

Yes, agree stew looks delish!!!! Yummy!!!

I know how you feel. We really racked up the credit card bills when hubby was in college. Now we're trying to pay them off and the houses we're looking at look pretty steep. Not to mention the school debts is starting to roll in. Augh!!!

I think at least once a week I look at a friend or random stranger and say, "It's so freakin expensive to live now a days. Heavin forbid you should actually need anything like a doctor!!"

Have you considered getting a financial advisor?